1/25/2018 Lecture Notes
January 25, 2018
12:40 and on…
Continue working on Assignment 3 using one of the no-code visualization tools we reviewed Tuesday (see the lecture notes from Tuesday for more info).
For 5 points extra credit, you can follow these instructions for how to create and upload a timeline using code.
- Walk through Lisa Williams’ Absurdly Illustrated Guide to creating a timeline.
- NOTE: When you get the “key” after going through Publish to the Web, don’t use the URL Google gives you in the confirmation window. Instead, use the URL at the top of the browser and get the “key” from that.
- For example, I have a spreadsheet at this URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-eEocAeK92RgAdhA_h2D07cagKJqJcRkNUheshf5LdY/edit#gid=0
The “key” for that is 1-eEocAeK92RgAdhA_h2D07cagKJqJcRkNUheshf5LdY/edit#gid=0
- Also, be sure to change the title of “Balanced Media’s Timeline” to your own. You do this by editing the index.html file, finding that title and changing it to your own.
- When you have it working on your computer, use these FTP login credentials to FTP it to the server and embed. It will ultimately look like this.