2/15/2017: Factba.se and Leaflet
February 15, 2018
12:30-1: Bill Frischling of Factba.se
- What is it? Check out the Leaflet.js site.
- Why use this instead of Google Maps?
- Take a look at the map I created this morning. It is embedded below, too.
- Let’s go through the tutorial I used to make this map. Please try to follow along!
- Start by downloading this simple HTML template and open it in sublime.
- Note: you may need to use this div code instead to make the map appear:
- You may need to get a Mapbox ID, then register for a token. Put that token into the “accessToken” part of the code when you get to that step. For now, try using this one: pk.eyJ1IjoicGFjaGVjb2QiLCJhIjoiLWk3WnpUTSJ9.MoCPhEjLDP6_wyjHjFDIvg
- Things not working? Feel free to work backwards from this workingmap.html.
1:30-1:50: Work on last few assignments.
- Assignment 6: NVD3: due Sunday night
- Assignment 7: Leaflet: due Sunday, Feb. 25
- Assignment 8: Propose your final project: due Thursday, Feb. 22
Also, don’t forget ….
- Independent learning blog post: 20 points of grade!!!
- Grad students must publish a data visualization professionally somewhere, OR create a web site on your own domain name and web host and post your final project there.
Here is the example map from above embedded into a post.