3/30/2017 Lecture Notes
March 30, 2017
- Google News Lab / Poynter Drone Journalism training, April 21-22. Volunteers needed.
It’s our last class! Use this as a lab day to:
- Work on Assignment 6 using NVD3.
- Begin working on your final project. Feel free to run ideas by me.
- Do your course evaluation for dataviz. Remember, it is completely confidential.
For those in New Tech for New Media:
- We meet here next Tuesday.
- Next Thursday is at the SU Makerspace with John Mangicaro. I will be at a conference in Italy so won’t be there.
But a couple last things:
- Look into Jquery Visualize, another open source charting tool.
- Need JSON? Try this CSV to JSON converter.
- You may want to look into download the academic version of Tableau, a popular dataviz software, on your Mac or PC.
- You can also do more with maps using Mapbox studio, which also must be installed on your laptop.
Thanks for being part of the dataviz class!