Propose your Final Project
February 16, 2016
Your final project is due on Friday, March 11, but I want to make sure you’re working on it starting now. The first step is to write up a proposal, which will make up 10% of your final project’s grade.
As a reminder, your final project must use use 3 dataviz tools we covered in class, or others you find, to tell a story. At least one of those tools must involve using open source code that you upload to the class server. Be sure to include the following in your proposal:
- A few paragraphs describing the story you hope to tell.
- What data do you need to acquire and analyze to tell this story?
- Where / how might you acquire this data?
- What tools are you thinking of using?
- What are some of the unknowns that you need to flesh out?
- How might things go wrong, and if so, what’s your plan B?
Proposal Due Date: Thursday, Feb. 25. But if you complete it by Thursday, you will receive 2 points of extra credit on your final grade and also get feedback from a data journalist who is visiting on Thursday.
Final Project Due Date: March 11.