Dataviz welcome page
Welcome to the Interactive Data Visualization class site. You can get started by familiarizing yourself with the syllabus and schedule. You will need to sign up for the following free accounts to participate in this class.
- Log in to your account on this site to post blog entries for your assignments. We will do this together on the first day of class.
- Take the class survey to help me know more about you, where you’re at and what you hope to learn.
- Familiarize yourself with how to use the class FTP. Once logged in, you can start by taking a selfie from your phone, editing the image to be 300 pixels wide in photoshop, and uploading it as a jpg file to a folder with your name and today’s date in the “Exercise1” folder.
- Get a Twitter account (or use one you already have) and make sure it is set to public. If you have a private Twitter account that you don’t want to use, that’s fine. Just create another one for classwork.
- Get a free CartoDB account for future assignments.
- You may also find it useful to bring your laptop to class. If you do so, I highly recommend installing Sublime Text.